Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

We Visit a Cheese Factory

And, I thought I was retired.  Maureen, you can see I still wear my PPE everyday!


Tues., July 19, 2011
We started the day with a group drive to a nearby cheese factory.  We got a very informative and interesting lecture on cheese making and tour of the facility by Mr. Henning, the grandson of the founder.  This family has been making cheese here for almost 100 years.  Afterwards, we spent some time in the store tasting cheeses and we all left with some cheese trying to figure out how to keep it from melting!

Group shot at the park
After the cheese factory, we then drove en masse to a local park where we ate lunch and had our car show and a group shot.  Then it was back to the hotel for dinner on our own.  We walked to a small cafe in downtown Elkhart Lake, where the food was OK, but not much to write home about, so I won't.  Tomorrow will be a tour of Road America, drives around the track, lunch and an autocross.


Midgets arriving at the cheese factory

Henning's Cheese


Small cheese mold call a "midget"!




Lining up for the group drive this morning




Pointing out a 500 pound wheel of cheese
Part of the processing plant


1 comment:

  1. at first I thought it was going to be a safe sex demostration...........fooled me!

    ReplyDelete