Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Getting ready to leave!

The excitement builds for getting underway tomorrow.  We plan to leave early to beat the Atlanta rush hour traffic and the heat, for a little while.  I was wondering if the trip was meant to be.  Yesterday, the last thing I had to do was get the wheels balanced.  I took it to a shop specializing in sports and performance cars and they snapped a wheel stud (yes, they were using a torque wrench, just set too high, I guess).  Anyway, I was lucky enough to find a stud at a local import auto garage and fours hours later, the wheels were balanced!  Also, all of a sudden, my turn signals stopped working.  After checking the easy things first, I finally had to tear out the console and check the emergency hazard switch, which turned out to be bad.  I took the switch apart to see if it could be repaired, but one of the spring loaded fingers that push on the contacts was broken.  Where would I find one the day before leaving?  Checking through my box of old parts, I just happened to have an old one and after cleaning it up, tried it and, it worked!  So, after putting everything back together, emergency flashers and turn signals now work.  Now, I can finally get around to cleaning and packing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment