Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Another nice day in French Lick

6/17/2014



Today was rather laid back.  After breakfast, I took the car to the car wash station to clean it up before the big rush.  They have a nice area with multiple hoses, buckets, shampoo and lots of clean towels for us to use.  After getting the car cleaned up, I went to the parking lot where MG expert John Twist was giving his famous rolling tech session.  Two of my travel companions had their cars in line for John to take a look at.  It was interesting watching as he checked each car and discussed and fixed many minor problems.  Both of the cars in  our group were checked and repaired enough to get home.  It was very hot again today.  I think it is hotter here than in Atlanta!

Afterwards, I went back to my room and spent lots of time trying to get my Bluetooth mouse to work again-with no luck.  Finally, we went to eat dinner at Hagan's Restaurant at the Donald Ross Golf Course.  After a short wait, we were seated on an outdoor patio overlooking a beautiful golf course.  Everyone's food was good.  Maybe the last good restaurant meal, as tomorrow we will eat at the awards banquet.

Tomorrow is the big car show and awards banquet and then it will be on to the next leg of our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment